Temporary Residence

Visitor Visa

A visitor visa is required for certain foreign nationals who wish to travel to Canada. Depending on your citizenship, you may or may not require a temporary resident visa. 

Foreign nationals who require a visa and wish to visit Canada must first meeting the following eligibility requirements.

  • Have a valid travel document 
  • Be in good health
  • Have no criminal or immigration- related
  • Have sufficient funds for your stay
  • Must be able to convince an immigration officer that you have ties back in your home country (ie. Job, home, financial assets, and family)
  • Must be able to convince an immigration officer that you will leave at the end of your stay
  • You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada

Most visitors may stay in Canada for up to 6 months.

Book your consultation with one of our professionals today. 

Using this contact form is intended solely for introduction of the addressee and Affordable Immigration and Paralegal Support. The submission of this contact form does not constitute a client-representative agreement. Please do not share attachments or confidential information.

Super Visa

A visitor visa is required for certain foreign nationals who wish to travel to Canada. Depending on your citizenship, you may or may not require a tA super visa allows you to visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years a time. It is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period of up to 10 years. You can only apply for a super visa from outside Canada.

To be eligible the applicant must:

  • Be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
  • Have a signed letter from your child or grandchild inviting you to Canada which promises the applicant to be financially supported by the child/grandchild
  • Have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company 

Study Permit

Study permits are necessary for any foreign national that wishes to study in Canada.

You can study in Canada if you:

  • Are enrolled at a Designated Learning Institution
  • Prove you have the funds to be able to live and study in Canada
  • Have a clear criminal record
  • Are in good health and get a medical exam
  • Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires

Post Graduate Work Permit

Allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian Designated Learning Institutions to attain an open work permit. A PGWP may be issued based on the length of the study program for a minimum of 8 months and up to a maximum of 3 years.

Work Permit

Post Graduate Work Permit

Allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian Designated Learning Institutions to attain an open work permit. A PGWP may be issued An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada except for:

  • An employer who is listed as ineligible on the list of employers who have failed to comply with the conditions

Employer Specific Work Permit

An employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit which include:

  • The name of the employer you can work for
  • How long you can work
  • The location where you can work

Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

AA Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need before hiring a foreign worker.  To apply for an LMIA, an employer must first try and hire a Canadian or Permanent Resident. If after 30 days of recruitment efforts, the employer was not able to find a Canadian or Permanent Resident, they can apply for an LMIA. A positive LMIA proves that there is no Canadian available to fill the job therefore the employer will need to look outside of Canada to fill the position.

There are different LMIA streams, depending on the wage being offered to the Temporary Foreign Worker. If the wage is above the provincial median it would be considered a High-Wage LMIA stream. If the wage is below the provincial median wage, then it would be considered a Low-Wage application. While both streams require the 30-day advertisement period, a Low-Wage LMIA requires the employer to pay for the round-trip transportation costs for the Temporary Foreign Worker. Additionally, the employer must provide or ensure that affordable housing is available and provide the TFW with benefits from the first day of arrival.  

Client Testimonials

My wife and I are quite pleased with our choice of AIPS as an immigration representative. As my friend had testified to me, Charlene offers lawyer services at a great price and is always ready to answer questions about filling out and submitting forms quickly and effectively. She was quick and to-the-point and not afraid to say when certain information might not be up to the standards she knows the IRCC wants. She brought my wife through her permanent residence process quickly and outlined all tasks and forms that we needed to complete in a very understandable fashion. On top of this, we found that she really cares for each case she works on and remembers each one of her clients by name! I would highly suggest her to anyone in Hamilton or the surrounding region.

– Daniel

Charlene is one of the best immigration lawyer in terms of any kind of visa, I would suggest AIPS at any time. She’s is the one who handle my critical case and no one can do it. She took the case and gave me a great results on my husband’s work permit. With same trust I did my PR application and today my self and my husband are permanent residence. I will give more than 5 star ratings

If you think about the quality and cost , AIPS is the best place to do it. No matter what questions you ask her, she will reply ASAP. Meantime, she will go through all section with you and give a clear explanation.

I’m glad I chose Charlene for my journey in Canada.

– Suro

James' permanent residency has just been approved and honestly we would not have been able to do it without Charlene and her team. Especially during all the covid stress we didn't have to worry about anything, Charlene would message us and let us know when it was time to do the next step of our process! 100% would recommend.

Charlene and her team helped us apply for my fiance's work permit and sponsorship. Charlene was very helpful throughout the whole process, very fast response times and very informative when we had questions. The sponsorship process required a lot of information and I truly don't think we would have been able to do it without her help, her straight forward and easy to follow guidelines made the process extremely simple and we managed to get everything submitted in a timely manner. We are waiting for the response from the government but I am confident knowing Charlene did everything she could to ensure our application was properly filed. We would like to thank you for everything Charlene, it was a pleasure working with you.

– Brandi

Charlene and team are professional, communicative and quick to respond to all inquiries. Was a pleasure working with Charlene! We turned to professional help and she made the Perm Residence Process a breeze, assembled everything and sent off a professional package that we felt confident in and in turn, it took a huge load off of our mind. She is competent, thorough, and answers all questions. Would highly recommend!!

– Emily

Contact us to schedule your consultation.

Hamilton Office

799 Cannon Street East
Hamilton, Ontario, L8L 2H3
P: (289) 389-0922
Fax: (289) 805-5500

Monday: 9:30AM – 4:30PM
Tuesday: 9:30AM – 4:30PM
Wednesday: 9:30AM – 4:30PM
Thursday: 9:30AM – 4:30PM
Friday: 9:30AM – 4:30PM

Drop Ins Welcome, Virtual Appointments Available

Toronto Office

55 Eglinton Ave East, Suite 601
Toronto, Ontario, M4P 1G8
P: (289) 389-0922
Fax: (289) 805-5500

Monday: 11:00AM – 7:00PM
Tuesday: 11:00AM – 7:00PM
Wednesday: 11:00AM – 7:00PM
Thursday: 11:00AM – 7:00PM
Friday: 11:00AM – 7:00PM